“Evolve helped me move me out of my comfort zone. It got me doing work that I care deeply about but had only thought about until now.”
Evolve: Re-igniting Self & Community engages people 50+ in making a difference. It helps you focus your energies, build your skills and connect with a network of like-minded people who want to make a difference.
In just eight days—one day a month—you will expand your horizons and, just possibly, change your life:
- (Re) discover purpose
- Build your community leadership skills
- Plan and implement a project that contributes to the common good
- Become a part of a high-energy network for exchange of ideas, connections and support
Read what Evolve grads say about the program.
Learn more about what Evolve participants have accomplished.
An Evolve class in Bloomington, MN, is in progress now (April 1 to November 4, 2015). Watch for Evolve in Des Moines, Iowa, this fall.
For information call Julie Roles at 651-690-4111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minneapolis StarTribune Good Life section, July 30, 2014, featured these stories about Evolve Grads:
Pola Rest. Most of the life changes that Pola Rest (2014 Evolve Grad) has undertaken over the past few years began as efforts to help her 89-year-old mother. Along the way, she wound up helping herself. Read the article.
Lyn Culbert. After her son died from a rare disease, Lyn Culbert (2012 Evolve Grad) took on the task of finishing and publishing his memoir. Read the article.
Listen to what past Evolve participants have to say about the program:
This section includes the following pages:
- Wise Leadership: Putting Your Energy Where It Counts - As older adults, we can afford to spend less energy on promoting ourselves and our careers and more energy on solving our community problems.
- Changing Your Life through Evolve: Three Stories - Nancy, Bill, and Peg did not identify themselves as leaders before taking VAN's course in leadership development, but because they were in transition, they were open to the potential that Evolve offered.